Have you ever thought about adopting a child?
Do you simply want more information about the process?
Learn from the experts about the nuts and bolts of the foster care adoption process in New York City, and hear from individuals who have changed lives by adopting children.
Date: April 20, 2009
Location: New York City Bar Association
42 West 44th Street
New York, NY
Time: Registration: 5:30 p.m.- 6:00 p.m.
Program: 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Please RSVP to
Joan Traub at email@example.com or
Sandy Hausner at firstname.lastname@example.org
Children and the Law Committee - Fredda Monn, Chair
Council on Children - Karen Freedman, Chair
Family Court and Family Law Committee - Karen Fisher Gutheil, Chair
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Rights Committee - Carmelyn P. Malalis, Chair
Opening remarks: Fredda Monn, Chair of the Children and the Law Committee and Associate General Counsel and Director of the Accountability Review Panel for the Administration for Children's Services
Presenter: Joan M. Traub, Adoptions Attorney
Moderator: Alexandra Lowe, former Special Counsel to the NYC Administration for Children’s Services’ Division of Family Permanency Services
- Marian Shelton, former Judge of the Family Court, Bronx County
- Jaron Ben-Shalom, Director of Adoptions, Administration for Children’s Services
- Joan Siegel, Therapeutic Foster/Adoptive Parent and Consultant
- Stephen McCall, Therapeutic Adoptive/Foster Parent and Independent Consultant and Trainer
- Sarah Gerstenzang, Executive Director, Citizens Coalition for Children
- Reiner Prijten, Adoptive Father